Sunday, October 5, 2008

And now for something a little different...

I have always really liked this song by Major Harris, Love Won't Let Me Wait. This is a great romantic soul song, with great melody, chords and smooth singing. It also has some, ah-hem! err...very, very nice "sound effects" at the end of the song!

Anyway-I was just trying to play along with the song one day, and found it not too difficult to "get" the chords to the song. The chord changes are real smooth, melodic, and mimic the vocal lines somewhat. Here is my version. It's based mostly on what I hear, and maybe a tiny bit of looking for the song's chord charts online, so as always, what I'm playing isn't definitive (there's another guy on YT who does this song with way different chords). Hope you like it. I love this f*&%#'n song! (Uhhm-that could be taken literally!)
* Geez! After listening to this I realized the sound and video quality are poor on this one! I need more modern equipment!



Here's the player for the song so you can check it out!


Related Tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always enjoyed that tune, too.
I didn't think the sound was so bad
but you are the expert, Bro!
I found an old Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66.
With high, high hopes I tired it on the turn
table.......ug, they are singing all Beatles songs and
it just ain't working.......
c.oh

Micgar said...

cristina-I bet they don't work! That does not sound like a good match!

High Power Rocketry said...

: )